Monday, April 20, 2009

Holy Moly!

We've had an exciting week as we've seen some doors opening to get the word out about our purpose with this amendment!

But we still need your help!

I am not sure if any of you saw the article in The Oklahoman about the adoption task force, but it was excellent and my heart was seriously pounding after reading it. I know, I get WAY too excited about this stuff!

It's great to see politicians getting involved in adoption law and realizing how many lives adoption touches.

In the article, it stated that they are wanting to add an adoptive parent and a birth parent to the task force in the next year. So guess who contacted these guys? Yours truly!


Within a couple of hours, Rep. Jason Nelson emailed me back and thanked me for my interest. He said there were several people that had contacted them about this and that they would review the names submitted as a group. But, he did want to know more about this amendment that we were working on (of course I mentioned that!).


He asked me to email it to him and I also sent him the blog. I know, I am a dork!


So, here is what we need you to do...real stuff here guys!


Contact Rep. Jason Nelson and Senator Steve Russell and let them know that you support this amendment. If you click on each name it is linked to contact information and a bio for each. The contact information is on the right down a bit on the page.


When you contact them please make reference to the amendment so that they know exactly which one you are talking about. These guys have a ton on their plate! So what do you reference? Typically - laws have names. You have heard of "Megan's Law" or "The Adam Walsh Act". So the big reveal? We will call this, "Cooper's Law". So when you write them, let them know you support "Cooper's Law".



These men are two of those that serve on the adoption task force. Here is just a snipit of the article, "The task force is charged with considering recommendations for bills in the 2010 legistlative session."

Are you kidding me? How incredible is God that these names were put under my nose (by my precious MIL) just yesterday, and today I am sending him our "recommendations".


I am so thankful to all of you that are supporting this and I am also thankful to Mr. Nelson for responding so quickly and even showing interest in our concerns and wanting to take it before his committee!


Keep praying guys! And please contact these men as soon as you have a moment to contain yourselves from all of the excitement!

**If you want to read the amendment for yourself, please comment and give us your email (or email to us at adoptOK@gmail.com) and we will email it to you. It's 6 pages so that is why we haven't posted it!**

7 comments:

Melodie said...

God's at work here and it really couldn't be more evident! I will do my part! :)

kim said...

WOW is all I can muster up! This is amazing Molly! I will be praying for this task force and your potential involvement in it! You go girl!

Kara said...

on it like white on rice...

Unknown said...

Doing it right now! Awesome, and I personally would vote for you to be on the committee! What a wonderful advocate you are for adoption on both sides and you have such a wonderful fair heart to honor both sides!

Praying for you!
Love,
Julie

Laura said...

Woo hoo! Please email me the article! I would love to read it. So proud of you sister!

Anonymous said...

I sent a message to Jason Nelson.

Bec said...

Hi, Molly, it's Rebecca from Crossings. I'd LOVE to read more about the amendment, but will certainly go ahead and contact these representatives! Thank you for all the great info!