Saturday, May 16, 2009

May is Foster Care Month

I keep hearing this statistic on the radio and I can't shake it.

There are over 10,000 children in foster care in Oklahoma alone.

I can't seem to get that thought out of my head that these are the "orphans" that God meant for us to look after.

Please pray for these children that they may find their forever family and will no longer have to question God's purpose for their life.

(Remember to turn off the music on the blog to hear the sound on the video)



Although they didn't mention the two adoptions we love to talk about, Jesus and Moses, I think it's a wonderful video to make us all think!

2 comments:

mom2many said...

Just an FYI...my placement worker told me this week that even the new foster parents they have are not taking placements right now for some reason. DHS is losing approx. 2 homes a week and only recruiting 2 homes a month...in my county anyway, but that is pretty indicitive of the whole state.

Becki Francy said...

Why did I just now watch the video??? That made me ball...where did you find that?